A glass of yogurt parfait is one of the best ways to start your day. Its a glass full of nutrition and each layer is an adventure. Traditionally it is made by layering yogurt, fruits and granola. Being a lover of dried and dehydrated fruits, I came up with this parfait which combines elements of a traditional parfait with some other interesting and complimentary flavors. The result is a creamy glass full of goodness which can be enjoyed as a snack or a dessert. As with most of my desserts, its not too sweet and leaves you feeling refreshed.
(1) 8 – 10 Dehydrated Figs
(2) 1/2 Cup Plain Unsweetened Greek Yogurt
(3) 2 Tablespoons Shelled Pistachios
(4) 1 Tablespoon Honey + 2 Teaspoons
(5) 1 Tablespoon Spiced Rum
(6) 1 Tablespoon Water
(7) 1 Teaspoon Granulated White Sugar
(8) A Few Crumbles of Goat Cheese
(1) Remove fig stalks and divide figs into halves.
(2) In small sauce pan, combine figs, water, sugar, spiced rum and 1 Tablespoon of honey. Bring to a boil on medium heat. Swirl pan every now and then. Cook till figs are caramelized: 3 minutes.
(3) Crush pistachio nuts and set aside.
(4) Build your parfait. Put half of the Greek yogurt in a wine/parfait glass, followed by half of the caramelized figs, half of the crushed pistachio nuts and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of honey.
(5) Repeat layers and finish up with a drizzle of any leftover syrup from the sauce pan. Serve. Enjoy!