The most common way of preparing plantain is by slicing it into oval shaped discs and frying. What if there was a more crunchy way of enjoying this fruit? Well there is: fries! These plantain fries are crispy and very flavorful. Paired them with some smocked paprika mayonnaise and you are in for a real treat. They can be served as an appetizer or a snack. If you are ready for some crunchy excitement, you are in the right place. Lets put this quick meal together.
(2) Fleur de Sel (Seasoning Salt)
(3) Oil for Frying
(1) See Recipe for Mayonnaise here
(2) 1/4 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika.
(1) Heat oil.
(2) Peel and cut plantain into large matchsticks.
(3) When oil is hot, deep fry plantains till golden brown, about 10 minutes.
(4) Place fries on plate lined with paper towel to absorb excess oil. Sprinkle with fleur de sel.
(1) Follow mayonnaise recipe here
(2) Season mayonnaise with smoked paprika.
Serve plantain fries with smoked paprika mayonnaise. Enjoy!