These small tartlets pack a punch. The crust is made out up of chocolate cookies and cocoa powder. The filling is pure raspberries. As every chocolate lover knows, chocolate and raspberries is a match made in dessert heaven. These tartlets are easy to make and as a friend once noted: “This is a sin; a pure sin!” Well…need I say more? Lets see how easy it is to fall into temptation.
Makes 3 four inch tarts
(1) 100 Grams Chocolate Biscuits of your choice.
(2) 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
(3) 1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
(4) 1 Tablespoon Granulated White Sugar
(1) 250 Grams Frozen Raspberries
(2) 3 Tablespoons Granulated White Sugar
(3) 1 Teaspoon Powdered Gelatin
(4) 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
(1) Fresh Raspberries
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
(2) Place chocolate biscuits in food processor and process till crushed.
(3) Add sugar and cocoa powder and process.
(4) Add melted butter and process till mixture starts coming together.
(5) Place crumbs in tart pans and press on bottom and sides.
(6) Bake crust in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
(1) Place frozen raspberries in pan and thaw on medium heat till all the raspberries have melted.
(2) Strain raspberries with sieve to remove seeds. You will need 3/4 Cup.
(3) Return strained raspberries to heat, add sugar and gelatin powder and cook for a couple of minutes to melt gelatin.
(4) Take off heat and add lemon juice. The lemon juice will improve the flavor of the raspberries.
(5) Fill tart shells with raspberry puree and keep in fridge to firm up. This will take about 2 hours.
(6) Top with fresh raspberries and serve. Enjoy.