Eating healthy does not have to be boring. By choosing the right protein and mixing it with veggies, you can be sure to have a healthy meal each time. This is a beautiful salmon steak served with some sauteed broccolini, cherry tomatoes and roasted garlic. As you know, I love salmon and could eat it everyday if given the opportunity. I prefer wild salmon to farm raised ones as the flavor of wild salmon is far superior. The combination with broccolini here is heavenly. Broccolini is a vegetable I am getting to appreciate with each passing day. Contrary to its name, it is not in any way related to broccoli. In the absence of broccolini, you could use broccoli, Brussels Sprouts or asparagus for this dish. This dish is easy to make and can be put together under fifteen minutes.
(1) A Medium Sized Salmon Steak
(3) 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil or Butter
(4) Roasted Garlic (Optional)
(5) Cherry Tomatoes (Optional)
(6) Salt and Pepper to taste
(7) More Oil for greasing Grill
(1) Preheat grill and grease with oil.
(2) Wash and pat salmon dry. Season the top of the steak with salt and pepper.
(3) Place steak seasoned side down on hot grill. Season the top with salt and pepper. Grill salmon on each sides for about 5 minutes. Depending on size, you might need to grill salmon steak longer.
(4) For broccolini, simply cook in boiling water for one minute, take out of hot water and transfer into a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking process. Heat about 1 teaspoon of oil or butter in a pan and saute vegetable with some roasted garlic, salt and pepper for about 2 minutes.
(5) Serve salmon with some cherry tomatoes for acidity. Some times, the best meals in life are the most simple to make.