This is a very hearty salad that is great hot or cold. It is the perfect balance of carbs, proteins and vegetables. The shrimps add a touch of sweetness and smokiness to the salad and the vinaigrette brings all the flavors together. In this recipe, I have made use of both normal Farfalle (Bow-tie) pasta and a squid ink Farfalle pasta which ties together perfectly with the seafood theme.
(1) 12 Jumbo Shrimps
(2) A Handful Cheery Tomatoes
(3) Arugula (Rocket) (As much as you like)
(4) 1 Cup Farfalle (Feel free to use whatever pasta you like)
(1) 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
(2) 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
(3) 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
(4) 2 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
(5) Salt and Pepper to Taste
(6) A Dash Liquid Smoke (Optional. Good if using an indoor electric grill)
(1) 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
(2) 2 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
(3) 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
(4) 1/2 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
(5) 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano (You can also use thyme or rosemary here)
(6) 1/2 Teaspoon Soy Sauce
(7) 1/4 Teaspoon Bouillon Cube (Preferably Beef)
(8) Salt and Pepper to Taste
(1) Clean shrimps. Peel, remove veins and wash shrimps.
(2) Make marinade. Combine olive oil, soy sauce, white wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke (if using), salt and pepper in a bowl. Add cleaned shrimps to marinade, mix, cover and place in fridge for an hour to marinate.
(3) Make vinaigrette. Add Dijon mustard to a bowl followed by the white wine vinegar, olive oil, Balsamic Vinegar and soy sauce. Stir continuously while adding each ingredient so they all blend together perfectly. Finally, add the dried oregano, bouillon seasoning, salt and pepper. Set vinaigrette aside while you cook the pasta and grill the shrimps.
(4) After an hour, Cook pasta in salted water. Cook until al dente. Learn how to do this here. Drain pasta.
(5) Meanwhile, preheat grill and grill shrimps for about 3 minutes on each side.
(6) Make salad. In your salad bowl, place arugula, cherry tomatoes and cooked pasta. Drizzle vinaigrette over ingredients and toss to coat.
(7) Place tossed salad in salad bowl and dot with grilled shrimps. Serve while shrimps are warm.