This is a great salad to make when you are having friends over for dinner. It makes an amazing first course and sets the tone for the whole dinner experience. The grilled garlic shrimps adds a lot of flavor, body and crunch to this salad. The pomegranate seeds burst in your mouth as you crunch on them and the nuts give a lot of texture. The most exciting part of this salad is the pomegranate vinaigrette which adds some tang to the salad. It keeps well in the fridge and can be used to dress other salads.
(1) Baby Spinach
(2) 1 Medium Carrot (Julienned. See how here)
(3) Toasted Nuts (Try Pine Nuts)
(4) Half Dozen Jumbo Shrimps
(5) 1/4 Cup Pomegranate Seeds
(6) 2 Cloves of Garlic (Grated)
(7) 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
(8) Salt and Pepper to fast
(1) 4 Tablespoons Pomegranate Juice
(2) 1 Teaspoon Mustard
(3) 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
(4) 1/4 Teaspoon Soy Sauce
(5) 3 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
(6) A Pinch, Garlic Powder
(7) Salt and Pepper to Taste
(1) Peel and wash shrimps. Place in bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add grated garlic and olive oil and mix to combine. Place in fridge for about an hour.
(2) Remove seeds from pomegranate. See HOW TO here.
(3) plate spinach, carrot, pomegranate seeds and toasted nuts. Set aside.
(4) Place all ingredients for the vinaigrette in a blender and process until emulsified. This can also he done with a whisk and a large bowl or by shaking in a bottle.
(5) After an hour, grill Shrimps for about two minutes per side.
(6) Plate grilled Shrimps on salad and drizzle with pomegranate vinaigrette. This salad is best enjoyed while the Shrimps are still hot.