To say I love granola is an understatement. Granola is a breakfast food consisting of rolled oats, nuts, honey and dried fruits such as raisins. It is usually baked until crisp. It is great with Greek yogurt or as a component in a parfait. It can also serve as a healthy snack. Granola has a long shelf life and can be made in large batches.
(1) 3 Cups Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
(2) 1/2 Cup Raw Almonds
(3) 1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds (Or Pumpkin Seeds)
(4) 1/4 Cup Sesame Seeds
(5) 1/2 Cup Raisins
(6) 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries (You can use cup of Raisins if you do not have cranberries)
(7) 1/2 Cup Pecans (Optional)
(8) 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
(9) 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
(10) 1/4 Cup Water
(11) 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
(12) 3/4 Cup Honey
(1) Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Cover a large baking tray with foil paper and set aside.
(2) Place all the dried ingredients, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Mix together.
(3) In a small sauce pan, add the honey, canola oil and water. Heat just until it starts boiling.
(4) Pour hot liquid mixture into bowl with dried ingredients and mix to coat all the oats, nuts and fruits.
(5) Spread granola in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes, stirring every fifteen minutes to loosen granola. The longer you bake it, the crispier it would be.
(6) Allow granola to cool on cooling rack before bagging or storing in an air tight jar.
Granola Power Bars. Recipe here