This is a fresh, healthy and clean dish which any seafood lover would relish. It is easy to make and subject to a lot of interpretations. Hosting friends? This will make a lovely first course.
(1) 1 Medium Sized Cod Filet
(2) 3 Large Garlic Cloves (Grated)
(3) 1 Teaspoon of Fresh Ginger (Grated)
(4) 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
(5) 2 Tablespoons Butter (Melted)
(6) Salt and Pepper to Taste
For Mixed Veg Salad:
(1) Use your choice of green leafy vegetables. You can also add some sliced cherry tomatoes for acidity and some nuts for crunch. I love adding some berries in mine as I love the contrast in flavors and texture.
Try this salad with my simple Golden Vinaigrette. Recipe here. You can also use any other acidic vinaigrette of your choice.
(1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
(2) Wash and dry cod filet
(3) Melt butter in a small sauce pan.
(4) Grate garlic and ginger into melted butter. Add lemon juice to melted butter. Season with salt and pepper. Cod is a somewhat plain tasting fish, so be sure to season it well.
(5) Place the cod in an oven safe dish. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle infused butter over it.
(6) Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until fish flesh flakes easily with a fork.
(7) While the cod is baking, prepare golden vinaigrette. The recipe can be found here.
(8) When the cod is ready, make your mixed veg salad and serve cod on it. Sprinkle some nuts for crunch and add a lemon wedge for zing, enjoy.