This is a quick, easy and surprisingly delicious potato side dish which is great with stews. This recipe makes use of mini or fingerling potatoes which are boiled and then coated with a garlic infused butter and fresh herbs.
(1) About 400 Grams of Mini Potatoes
(2) 2 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
(3) 2 Tablespoons Minced Fresh Herbs (Try Parsley and Thyme)
(4) 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
(5) 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
(6) Salt and Pepper to Taste
(1) Wash potatoes and place in pot of water. Salt and boil until potatoes are soft, about 25 minutes. You will know that the potatoes are ready if they slide easily from a knife when pricked.
(2) While potatoes are cooking, mince herbs finely and set aside. Also mince garlic separately.
(3) Drain water from potatoes and peel them while they are still hot. Be careful not to burn your hands. Use a knife to peel the potatoes.
(4) Heat the butter in a pot and saute the minced garlic for about 30 seconds, until lightly brown.
(5) Take the pot off the heat and pour in the peeled potatoes. Season with some salt and pepper and add the minced herbs. Mix well to coat potato with garlic butter and herbs. Next grate some fresh Parmesan cheese over the potatoes and mix to combine.
This side is best served hot or warm. Try it out today with your favorite stews and grilled meats. I love having this dish with some boeuf bourguignon. Enjoy