This is a fresh green salad that I’m certain you will love. All the flavors come together in an amazing way. It is easy to put together and will make an amazing appetizer. This is a great way to combine fruits and vegetables together in a wholesome meal.
(1) 1 Ripe Avocado
(2) 1 – 2 Kiwi Fruits
(3) 3 Hand Fulls of Arugula (Rocket Leaves)
(4) 1/4 Cup Toasted Pine Nuts (Optional, For Crunch)
(5) A Few Drops of Lemon Juice
(1) 1/2 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
(2) 2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar (Or White Wine Vinegar)
(3) 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
(4) A Drop of Soy Sauce
(5) Salt and Pepper to Taste
(1) Pit Avocado, peel and slice lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices. Squeeze some lemon juice over cut avocado to prevent oxidation. Set aside.
(2) Peel kiwi fruit and slice into 1/4 inch slices. Set aside.
(3) Toast pine nuts till slightly brown to maximize flavor. About 1 – 2 minutes.
(4) Make vinaigrette. Put all the ingredients in a blender and process till blended. Alternatively, put ingredients in a bottle and shake vigorously till blended. Taste for seasoning and adjust.
(5) Place washed and dried arugula leaves in salad bowl, drizzle vinaigrette over leaves and toss to mix.
(6) Plate arugula leaves and top with avocado and kiwi fruits. Sprinkle toasted pine nuts on salad and finish with some finishing salt.
Have fun making this healthy but delicious salad.