This is for the steak lovers. The simplicity of this recipe allows the steak to speak for itself. What makes this recipe kick is the compound butter which melts, ever so gently, over the steak as you eat it. The steak melts in your mouth as all the flavors merge together harmoniously. This recipe is a must try.
(1) One 1-1/2 Inch Rib Eye Steak
(2) Salt and Pepper
(3) 1/4 Cup Butter
(4) 1 Clove Garlic
(5) 1 Tablespoon, Choice of Fresh Herbs (Try Rosemary)
(6) Butter or Oil to Grease Grill
(1) Salt and pepper the steak liberally at least 2 hours before you intend to grill it. This can be done as much as 24 hours before hand. The longer the steak sits with the salt and pepper, the better. Place steak in fridge.
(2) Grate the garlic clove and mince the herbs into small bits.
(3) Make sure the butter is at room temperature. Add the grated garlic, chopped herbs, salt and pepper to the butter and incorporate well with a spoon.
(4) Turn the butter mixture into a plastic wrap, wrap and twist both ends until it forms a log. Secure both ends of the log and place butter in the fridge or freezer to solidify.
(5) To grill steak, preheat grill for about 15 minutes. Butter or grease grill surface to prevent steak from sticking to it.
(6) Grill steak for about 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Grill longer or shorter depending on the temperature you love your steak.Steak can be grilled on an indoor grill or a standard outdoor grill.
(7) Slice a disk of compound butter and serve on the hot steak.
(8) This steak can be served with a side of broccolini or asparagus. Simply cook vegetables in hot water for one minute, take out of hot water and transfer into a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking process. Heat about 1 teaspoon of butter in a pan and saute vegetable with some grated garlic, salt and pepper for about 2 minutes.
Have fun trying this out. You will be glad you did.