Chocolate chip cookies are a favorite of kids and adults alike. It is a slightly chewy cookie with a crispy exterior. Like it’s name suggests, this cookie is packed with chocolate chips which melt in your mouth as you eat them. They are a perfect mate for coffee and milk and work great as pie and cheesecake crusts. Below, I would be showing you how easy it is to make these scrumptious cookies at home.
Makes about 24 cookies.
(1) 116 Grams Unsalted Butter (1/2 Cup)
(2) 150 Grams Light Brown Sugar (3/4 Cup)
(3) 1 Large Egg
(4) 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract or Paste
(5) 150 Grams All Purpose Flour (1 Cup + 2 Tablespoons)
(6) 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
(7) 1/4 Teaspoon Salt (Omit salt if using salted butter)
(8) 1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
(9) 1/2 Cup chopped Pecans or Walnuts (Optional)
(1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. During the cookie making process, you might need to chill your cookie dough for some minutes to help the cookies hold shape during baking. If this is the case, preheat your oven after mixing your dough and placing it in the fridge.
(2) Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
(3) In a bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder.
(4) In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugar and beat at medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Make sure that your butter is at room temperature for these cookies.
(5) Next, add the egg and vanilla extract and beat to incorporate. Use your a rubber spatula at intervals to scrape the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl.
(6) Next add the flour and beat in just until incorporated. Do not over mix.
(7) Finally fold in the chocolate chips and nuts if using. If the batter is too soft, kept the mixing bowl with the batter in the fridge for 30 minutes before shaping and baking the cookies. This would keep the cookies from spreading during baking.
(8) Scoop out cookie dough on your prepared baking trays. Space the cookie dough about an inch apart from each other. Use a medium ice scream scoop to scoop the cookie dough. You can also use two spoons for this. You will need about 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie. Use your fingers to lightly press down the tops of the cookies before baking.
(9) Bake cookies in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, depending on how crunchy you like them. The longer they stay in the oven, the crunchier they will get. When they are ready, they will still be soft in the middle with a light brown edge. Place the tray on a cooling rack and leave the cookies to cool down for about 20 minutes before digging in. These cookies will harden as they cool. Happy baking!
(1) Pistachio-Cranberry Shortbread Cookie. Recipe here.